UpGrad Xchange – Where Sharp Minds Meet
As India’s leading online education platform, we at UpGrad, have always wanted to do things differently – be it partnering with top-notch faculty from around the globe, or providing placement assistance to our students, or even dreaming of having an offline space in the first place, where great minds could simply connect over casual conversations to serious discussions, alike.
Early October last year, we turned this dream into a reality with the launch of our Bengaluru centre, which we named UpGrad Xchange.
UpGrad Xchange, as the name suggests is an ‘idea centre’ – where young professionals, aspiring entrepreneurs, and even industry mavens get to share, spread and exchange diverse thoughts, ideas and knowledge. Located in Bengaluru’s most hot and happening neighbourhood, Koramangala, UpGrad Xchange is a first-of-its-kind offering by any online educational platform.
What To Expect
With a capacity of about 60 people, the centre hosts regular workshops (close to 20 till date) on skill development & new careers, networking evenings, panel discussions and talks by experts, entrepreneurs and achievers.
Very soon we plan to organise open-mic sessions, film screenings and fun quiz competitions in a bid to build a community of like-minded people and keep them connected. Check out the list of upcoming events here.
What You’ve Missed So Far
1. Did you say Chatbots? We’ve held an interactive session with Udit Khandelwal, UX Director and Vishrut Shukla, Senior Product Manager at Zivame. The session attendees got to design a theme-based imaginary Chatbot of their own on paper and present it to too. This one saw fierce competition amongst the participants!
“I think, the idea of UpGrad Xchange is quite unique – it gives like-minded people an open space to come together and share their thoughts in a free flowing environment and not like they were sitting in an interview in a confined room,”
– says Khandelwal.
2. Have an idea but not sure how to bootstrap it? An engaging talk by the founder of Zerodha, a financial services company, Nithin Kamath; opened up the minds of aspiring entrepreneurs to a whole new way of bootstrapping their idea to a 100Cr business!
3. ‘Content Marketing’, the buzzword – Kavita Jhujhunwala, Founder of Click Asia, helped digital marketers figure out how to create content that can go ‘viral’ and make them stand out in a crowd – at our Creative Hacks on Content Creation workshop.
“The relaxed space is good for collaboration. The cafe-style look and feel is of global standard and UpGrad’s objective of creating a cool learning space is well met. I enjoy coming here each time and do end up getting a good deal done as well,”
– says Jhunjhunwala.
So What’s So Cool About The Space?
Yes, the location, but also the fact that it looks nothing like a drab educational centre that will drain you out as soon as you walk in! On the contrary, the bright and colourful interiors will immediately uplift your spirits and you’ll never want to leave the space! And that’s exactly what we want!
The Interiors – Making Learning ‘Vibrant’
Brick walls, quirky chandeliers, a lounge area that overlooks the busy street, individual workstations, and a variety of seating options including sofas and poufs – the centre is replete with all amenities to make one comfortable and feel at home.
The favourite spots however, unanimously, are the reading nooks that are more than just cosy and allow for some private thinking. The bar-like seating area at the centre of the floor adds a café-like feel to the space and even doubles up as a standing workstation for those who prefer it that way.
You Are Invited!
We’d love for you to visit UpGrad Xchange and:
– Spend your after-office hours here connecting and ideating with peers
– Attend a wide array of events and workshops
– Cuddle up in our comfy nooks and go through module videos or prepare assignments
– Simply walk in for a casual chat over coffee and take back some serious career advice
Whatever be your reason, UpGrad Xchange is where you will find the best of minds unite and dish up larger than life ideas! So come aboard and visit us today!
All Images Credited To: The Foto Concierge
The following two tabs change content below.
Khushboo is a journalist at heart; who loves to hear and tell stories. Given her expertise and prior experience in television production for over 7 years - at UpGrad, she handles the production and quality of videos that go up on the platform. She is a visual thinker and that shows equally strongly in her words on paper too!